(updated March 1, 2015)
- MCS is committed to protecting customer information in each of its merchant transactions.
- MCS does not sell customer information to third parties.
- MCS does not share customer information with advertisers or marketers who wish to market their products to you.
- You do not have to take any action or instruct MCS to keep your information confidential.
- MCS uses commercially reasonable efforts to safeguard customer information.
MCS’s corporate mission is to be a trusted source of service and reliability for its customers. MCS is dedicated to these principles.
HOW MCS PROTECTS AND USES CUSTOMER INFORMATION
- MCS safeguards the security and integrity of customer information.
- MCS limits access to customer files to those officers who have a business need to know and access such information.
- MCS maintains policies and procedures to secure physical access to its confidential customer information, including:
- Locking down its physical files;
- Maintaining a professionally monitored alarm system at its facilities where confidential customer information is stored;
- Shredding all discarded customer information;
- MCS requires its independent contractors and third party vendors who provide services to MCS to adhere to strict privacy standards;
- MCS uses technological means (including back up files, offsite secured storage of electronic files, firewalls, and encryption schemes) to protect against unauthorized access or alterations of confidential customer data.
- MCS collects and maintains customer information as part of the MCS application process. MCS collects information about merchant business and its owners/operators from a variety of sources, including:
- Information provided to us via the MCS application and other required forms;
- Information MCS receives from third parties that the merchant business authorizes it to contact, such as the merchant’s trade, banking, and landlord references regarding credit history; and
- Information MCS receives from third party credit and background reporting agencies whom it contacts to verify merchants’ credit history and general background information.
- MCS does not share customer confidential information with third parties.
- MCS does not provide confidential customer information to third party advertisers or marketers.
- MCS does not provide confidential customer information to credit bureaus and/or credit reporting agencies.
- MCS will promptly notify a merchant business in writing or by telephone if MCS suspects that there has been a breach of confidentiality regarding confidential customer information.
The policies and practices described in this disclosure are subject to change, and any such changes will be communicated to MCS merchants and published on the MCS website. Please contact us at 1.866.969-7878 if you have questions regarding this policy.